How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to move teeth quickly, comfortably, and best of all, unobtrusively! The aligners are custom-designed for your unique mouth with the help of a high-tech digital impressions scanner. After a lab fabricates your aligners, you’ll wear them for 20 – 22 hours each day, and they will apply just the right amount of pressure to your teeth to gradually shift them into their proper positions. You’ll have to visit Dr. Langston periodically throughout your treatment period so he can check on your progress.
Indications for Invisalign
Unlike functional orthodontics, Invisalign does not change the size or shape of the dental arches. Instead, it focuses on correcting the positioning of teeth. It can address many common mild to moderate orthodontic issues, including the following:
Crowded teeth overlap one another and can easily trap food between them. Invisalign, along with possible extractions or with the help of functional orthodontics, can shift the teeth so they each have the space they need to thrive.
Extra space between the teeth can leave your gums vulnerable to harm, and gaps may be aesthetically unattractive in some patients’ opinions. Invisalign can move the teeth to close such gaps, thereby improving your smile’s health and appearance.
Overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite are all forms of malocclusion (bad bite). Invisalign, usually with the help of attachments, is often able to correct these issues.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Some of the top benefits of Invisalign include:
- Few people will notice you’re wearing the transparent aligners because they are so thin and discreet.
- The aligners are easy to remove when you need to eat, drink, or care for your teeth. Have an important event at which you would rather not be wearing braces? Simply leave your Invisalign aligners at home for the night.
- The aligners are metal-free, which makes them great for patients who are concerned about metal allergies or sensitivities.
- On average, Invisalign is faster than traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign consistently delivers good results. The aligners are even made out of a patented material that is designed to facilitate precise tooth movements.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The price of Invisalign depends primarily on the number of aligners needed to achieve your desired results. It’s normal for the total price to be at least a few thousand dollars. As your dentist in Sunnyvale, Dr. Langston and our team want you to be able to afford your treatment. We are happy to file insurance claims on your behalf, and most patients qualify for low-interest financing through CareCredit.